Who are you, Sam? What is this blog?

Hello and welcome to my Food blog.
My name is Sam Davies. I am a grade 10 student at The York School in Toronto, ON, Canada. I have always loved food. In recent years, I chose to become a vegetarian. That means that I do not eat meat. Chicken, beef, pork, fish, lamb, if you can name a meat, it won't be on the menu. That being said, this is a vegetarian food blog. I have almost no prior experience to cooking or doing blogs, so this will be a learning experience for both me (and possibly) you.


(Me hugging a large pineapple)

In this food blog, I want to cover the cultures, histories, and stories behind culturally important vegetarian meals. The culture of some foods and the story behind the people should be a very interesting topic to cover. I want to learn how to cook some meals from other cultures, and I want to inspire you to cook for friends and family. One goal I have for this food blog is to inform people about being a vegetarian. Vegetarianism can be a very healthy option for anybody. Even getting less meat on your plate can be better for both you and the environment.

I became a vegetarian about two years ago, in late June 2017. It felt immoral to be consuming animals when we, as a species, are the ones destroying our planet. I felt against the policies of meat-eating and I decided to make a change. I am not a vegan because I eat cheese butter and egg, and I drink milk.  I personally couldn't live without cheese, as it is amazing.


(Cooking pizza on a trip to Italy)


Being a vegetarian is not a choice that everybody makes, and you by no means should be a vegetarian just because I told you so. Make sure to find your own purpose for it, otherwise it will be a struggle.

Hope you enjoy my blog,
Sam


Comments